On 12 December 2022, ICSID hosted an interactive roundtable featuring the authors of the 900+ page commentary on the new ICSID rules edited by Drs. Richard Happ and Stephan Wilske. The panel discussed the achievement of the new rules and highlighted the key innovations affecting ICSID arbitration. Anastasiya Ugale highlighted the new rule on electronic filing and an explicit reference to remote hearings and sessions in the amended rules.
If you missed the discussion, the recording of the roundtable may be accessed here.
- Martina Polasek, ICSID
- Susan Franck, American University Washington College of Law
- Lindsay Gastrell, Arbitration Chambers
- Cedric Soule, King & Spalding
- Alexander Bedrosyan, Hughes Hubbard & Reed
- Anastasiya Ugale, Independent Counsel
- Richard Happ, Luther
- Stephan Wilske, Gleiss Lutz